Friday, May 27, 2011

It ain't easy, being cheesy

For the past few weeks I have been up to my ears in projects and tasks.  All, of course, are number-one-top-priority-get-it-done-AQAP!!!  (As quickly as possible!!)

It has come to my direct attention that at these times, I find it most difficult to actually lift a finger at home.  I mean that quite literally, I found that even my best motivational techniques on myself could not even spur me to answer an email, or cook myself a decent meal.

It is also during these times I eat the most horrible greased-up, terrible-for-you foods that you can imagine!  Delivery.com, anyone?

It ain't easy, eating right!  My ideal day of meals includes:
A breakfast of oatmeal or granola cereal and OJ
A lunch of one avocado sushi roll, or some sharp cheddar cheese with wheat crackers and a golden delicious apple
A dinner of BBQ chicken and steamed vegetables with rice


Yum!

However, this has been my meal plan for the past couple weeks:
A breakfast of... coffee and perhaps a large bagel with cream cheese on the go
A lunch of... whatever is quickest and easiest, like a falafel pita with extra cucumber sauce or a burrito with carnitas
A dinner of... half of a completely unsatisfying turkey sandwich and 6 chocolate chip cookies


Blech!

Except for the past couple weeks, I have pretty much adopted the Abs Diet Food Strategy for years, and I must say it has worked quite well!  It's not a crazy restrictive diet, it just focuses on whole grains and fruits, lean meats, and the like.  I like it because it focuses on what humans were made to eat, biologically.  I'm a total science dorkus, I know that humans are animals and like any other animal, there is no room in our diet for processed foods and sugars, let alone the gargantuan tons of preservatives we are consuming at increasing rates.


All this makes it clear that there is a reason why people in America are so damn fat.  Put down the chili cheese dog, America!!

The downfall: Man v. Food

What can we do about this??  I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that stuffing myself with fried chicken and mashed potatoes isn't the answer.  I've never felt worse than right after I ate 5 slices of pizza in one sitting.  I can't imagine how people eat like that every day.  Oh wait, yes I can!

Food is happiness, right?  ...RIGHT!?

I'm not hating on fat people at all, just the ones that complain about their bulge.  After all, you are the one that feeds yourself... I'M JUST SAYIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment