Monday, September 19, 2011

Bibliophile



Not a few seconds ago, I came across this word.  It tickled me pink, and made me feel like I had finally found the word that would describe me best.  What a lovely and exhilarating feeling!  Bibliophile.  Yup, that's-a-me!

From the tangy smell of the binding to the dry softness of the pages, I have been in love with books since I was a young girl.  Currently, I am reading Stephen King's The Stand, and I just simply can't put it down.  Although anything with the suffix "phile" always seems disturbing (bringing to mind pedophile and necrophile... eek!), I think I can make an exception just this one time.

If you love books as much as I do, I would love to know what some of your favorites are.  The genre I enjoy the most is science fiction, and if you have never read any Robert A. Heinlein, then I urge you to start with The Moon is a Harsh Mistress or Time Enough For Love.

A couple weeks ago I finally read Pride & Prejudice and fell completely in love with it.  Aaaaaah how I do love books!

*Sigh* Don't you just want to LIVE here?



No comments:

Post a Comment