Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Christmas in... September?

OK, OK, I know that it may be a wee bit early to start talking about Christmas.  A good friend of mine recently confided that she had already purchased most of her gifts, and was also already listening to Christmas carols!  Although you could never accuse me of planning months ahead for anything (except when I moved out of my parent's house and bought stuff over a year in advance), I've had "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" stuck in my head ever since I heard her confession!

I can't help myself!  My reasoning for never buying presents too far in advance is simply this: the person will more than likely end up getting whatever I may buy for them before I get to give it.  I simply hate returning things, thus I wait until 2 days before Christmas.  Admittedly, not the greatest of plans, so this year I think we can find some middle ground here.

Luckily, this time I will finally be not-exactly-broke and have the funds to purchase some very lovely gifts for my loved ones. 

Also, I keep thinking how much I am looking forward to the weather!  I love snuggling up in boots, coats, scarves, and hats.  I love drinking something hot and watching the rain come down outside.  I love all the time I get to spend with all of my families.  I LOVE the food I'll get to eat.  Turkey & cranberry, pumpkin empanadas, Spanish cookies, a ton of tamales, and my dad's mashed potatoes from HEAVEN.  Not to mention the sweet delicious vino I will get to drink, all in the company of the people I love the most.

It's no wonder I love the holidays!




No comments:

Post a Comment