Friday, September 23, 2011

Shoes. OMG Shoes.

Lately I have been on a bit of a shoe-craze.  I went from driving to work (where I didn't have to walk more than a few blocks) in a pretty casual environment, to working downtown where I walk about 2 miles per day next to people in business suits and super fresh outfits.  Fancy!

Granted, not everyone walking about is in Prada and Gucci, but a girl has to step up her game in such an environment!  It came to my sudden realization that I am severely lacking in the shoe department.  But what am I to do when I walk at least 1.5 miles during the day?  I can't walk around in stilettos!

Now that I've been thinking about it so much, and peeping at other people's shoe choices waaaay too much, I decided to come up with a fail-safe list of shoes that are completely necessary for a San Francisco girl on the run.



1. Flats, duh.  Like these cuties from Nine West.  Not exactly as comfortable as a tennis shoe, but they get the job done.











2. Sandals.  Holy hell, it has been hot downtown lately.  There is nothing worse than being hot and sweaty in your office.  How can you get any work done this way?  Answer: you can't.  Invest in a cute pair of sandals like these from Chinese Laundry, you'll thank me.






3. Casual heels.  Sometimes, you want to be fancy too, eh?  I suggest taking a peek at The Walking Company's selection of dressy heels.  These shoes were MADE for walking.  I absolutely love these peep-toe pumps.









4. Boots.  Ah yes, boots.  Get yourself a nice pair of flat boots and you will be dancing on sunshine every day.  These puppies are so comfortable, I'd be wearing them every day if it wasn't hot as Hades lately.  Can't wait for the winter season!

No comments:

Post a Comment