Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chinese Tea

Something I've come upon once or twice in the city: a beautifully made cup of tea.  As a young girl, I became quite fond of tea.  Thanks to my mother, Lemon Zinger was my very first cup and still a favorite.

I must admit, the first time I came upon a tea shop I was surprised to learn that tea didn't just come in little bags within a box lined with wax paper.  I was introduced to a whole new world of tea I never knew existed.  In this little shop I found my mind blown at the prospect that tea could give you a buzz!  Not that I am constantly seeking the thrill of getting boozed up, but who knew that mixing a little hot water with some herbs could be so... refreshing?

I found myself cruising tea shops when I could, sniffing and tasting when offered.  Quite recently, I found my newest favorite: Chrysanthemum.  It's light and cool, beautiful, and with just enough bite to make things interesting.

Add these dried blossoms to a hot cup of water and watch them bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment